Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mutuuma Primary School Library


My work with Mutuuma School is not just in infrastructure but there is also the emphasis on academics. On the right here is a library built with help from friends Canton, NY and PA. Students use this library for reference work as well as for quiet study. we even installed solar power that many students used for studies and revisions after school before going home where many would not have light or time to study.
I also promised to pay tuition for high school to any student who scores 400 points and above out of 500 in the national examinations. So far no one has taken up the challenge. When I visited the school this June I was promised that this year might produce someone to take up the challenge. I am waiting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment