Sunday, July 17, 2011

Giving advice to Mutuuma Primary School kids

When I am in Kenya I try to visit my former elementary school and chat with the kids who all know me through the few projects I have been able to sponsor in the school. Seen here I am telling some seventh and eighth grade kids to work hard and go beyond the lives of their parents. I told them of my story when I was their age when I was working in our garden harvesting corn and the dry stalks were all hard to carry when the stinging hairs of the stalks were combined with my sweat. I promised myself to work so hard at school that I would never have to do that work for a living and would instead hire other people to do that for me. I hope this was inspiring to those kids especially to one named Mwenda who was very attentive to my pep talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment